NetSuite OpenAir provides highly efficient web-based project management capabilities that enable you to improve on-time project delivery and project profitability by making it easy to manage, update and report on project status from anywhere at any time. It gives managers clear, real-time visibility into project dynamics and enables them to model “what if” scenarios to optimize price, billing rates, staffing and overall project profitability.
Key project management features include:
- Easy project setup with project templates
- Flexibility to assign resources at the project or task level with alerts and notifications for key project events such as adding or changing a task
- Comprehensive project visibility with project outline, chart or Gantt chart views for real-time snapshots of project status down to the task level
- Real-time project progress monitoring down to the task level, tracking with descriptions, severity details, resolution date and assignment
- Easy creation of project-level and date-based budgets and budget categories
- Project pipeline reports to gain visibility into future enterprise revenue and profit opportunities
- Real-time budget alerts based on percent of allocated budget used and budget overruns.
NetSuite OpenAir allows you to manage your most valuable resources across the globe more effectively, giving you the advanced resource optimization functionality you need to make sure that the right resources are working on the right projects, at the right time. Increase resource utilization and maximize project success by easily managing and deploying resources to projects according to project needs, employee skills, experience and availability, all based on real-time project timelines.
NetSuite OpenAir goes beyond basic resource management functionality to deliver:
- Proactive resource forecasting with graphical, interactive tools, alerts and reports
- Flexibility to book and view resources in calendar or graphical booking chart view
- Streamlined bookings with multiple booking types, bookings in bulk or individually, bookings at the task or project levels and more
- Advanced skills tracking, including skills profiles and custom skill set management
- Sophisticated resource search and filters to find the right people based on multiple factors, including availability and skills
- Flexibility to view and search all active and inactive resources, including contractors and other specialty resources
- Customizable workflows mapped to your resource management needs, including automated email notifications for newly created, modified or deleted resource bookings.
- NetSuite OpenAir’s graphical resource booking chart provides a graphical window into resource availability, location and more.
Flexible project accounting enables efficient monitoring and management of project revenues, expenses and profitability over the lifetime of the project, while ensuring the project is on time and on budget. NetSuite OpenAir provides a powerful billing engine that ensures clients are billed accurately and on time to improve cash flow. Sophisticated revenue recognition functionality enables separation of revenue types and the ability to recognize revenue appropriately.
Key project accounting features enable you to:
Utilize an automated and flexible project invoicing engine for project approvals based on customer or project
- Integrate project time and expense entries, project billing, revenue recognition transactions and invoice totals with your general ledger
- Automate project-level revenue recognition processes, recognizing revenue according to its own unique schedule and guidelines
- Define project-level approvals for invoices, and even create customizable multi-level processesInclude multiple projects on a single invoice
- Create and customize multiple invoice templates and easily associate them with customers or projects
- Manage flat fee, hourly and time and expense itemsMonitor project profitability and project budget vs. actual in real-time and report on summary and detail project-level accounts
- Support multi-currency and multi-tax requirements and apply taxes to invoices based on the location of the work done or by service/expense completed, and apply sales tax automatically to invoices whether VAT, GST, PST or more.
With NetSuite OpenAir, quickly and easily create detailed timesheets, whether in the office or on the road, using a web browser, offline client or mobile device. It promotes strong time management processes with flexible and easy-to-tailor organizational approval processes. Advanced time tracking tightly integrates with project management, enabling seamless time tracking by project, phase, task and more.
- Filter timesheets based on specific search criteria such as date and user, or view timesheets by stages such as open or submitted
- Customize time entry to meet your business rules—require notes on time entries, flag time as billable or non-billable and create timesheet rules, such as minimum or maximum daily values to reduce errors
- Specify time types to provide additional granularity in reporting and tracking time, such as regular time, overtime, or personal time
- Utilize an integrated stopwatch-style timer for detailed capture of time spent on tasks and projects
- Define user and/or project level approvals for timesheets, including customizable multi-level processes, and generate alerts for overdue timesheets and/or approvals
- Reject individual time entries on a single timesheet or the entire timesheet, and enable users to self-reject timesheets when needed.
Automate and streamline the entire expense management and reimbursement cycle, including expense reporting, submission and approval processes. NetSuite OpenAir provides powerful expense management that enhances employees’ productivity by enabling them to submit expenses from anywhere, via web or mobile device, even by taking a snapshot of a receipt using their iPhone.
Expense management ties seamlessly to project accounting, eliminating questions and effort around expense allocation, customer billing and managing foreign currency conversions.
- Utilize advanced expense report entry and approval workflows to track expense reports through the submit/approve lifecycle and view an auditable system history for each report
- Define user and/or project-level approvals for expenses, including customizable multi-level processes, and create overdue expense report approval alerts
- Leverage a flexible user interface for quick entry of receipts via expense grid view or use the standard form and enter expenses individually
- Consolidate expenses from multiple projects into a single expense report
- Customize business rules to match your unique needs, such as requiring receipt association with project tasks or specifying items as billable or non-billable
- Use online, offline and mobile access to create and submit expense reports, including iPhone camera support to capture and submit images of receipts on the fly
- Manage expenses in compliance with multi-currency and multi-tax requirements.
Professional Services Dashboards and Reporting
NetSuite OpenAir provides dashboards and reporting that give every manager personalized access to key metrics such as resource utilization, profit margin and project budget vs. actual. Dashboards and reports can be easily configured to each user’s needs, giving everyone instant access to the information that matters, with complete self-service to answer ad hoc questions on the fly.
- Utilize real-time personalized dashboards that provide notifications and one-click access to critical project information
- Monitor key metrics and create powerful historical and forecast reports across resource utilization, profit margin, project budget vs. actual and more
- Create calculations and use custom start or end dates and report filters with a powerful report engine
- Select from more than 100 pre-configured professional services reports or build reports from scratch
- Customize dashboards by role or individual preferences
- Set up reports and view key company information in a variety of bar, pie and line chart formats and analyze chart details by viewing underlying reports
- Use inclusive and exclusive filtering capabilities for summary and detail reports
- Organize reports in folders, save and share them, and schedule reports to run automatically to ensure data is shared with the right people at the right time.